Brad, Erin, Kenna & Ashlyn

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Update

I want to start off by saying Thanks to everyone for the wishes of getting well soon. I am finally feeling much better and no longer have to take any pain medication. For those of you who have no idea what I am talking about - this is just another crazy accident of mine.

Last week I was doing an inspection for another agent and forgot something in my car. I sat down in the drivers seat and leaned over to get the papers while I kept one leg outside the car. Somehow the door slammed shut on my knee. It hurt and I remember thinking "now that is going to leave a big bruise" but that was it. By Monday my knee had swelled up really big and it was radiating heat. It hurt really bad. A couple of instructors at school looked at it and the one that is a nurse told me that I needed to go have it looked at. So I went to urgent care straight from school.

The doctor looked at my knee and decided that I had a hematoma and an infection. To relieve the pressure and pain she decided to cut an incision in my knee and let the "crap" out. I was able to watch the whole thing (actually I couldn't bring myself to watch her do the initial cut) but I did watch everything else. It was really gross. I can totally see myself being fine when it is someone else - but when you are the patient - it sucks!!

I went back on Thursday and the infection was still there. They left it as it is and told me to keep taking the antibiotic and pain medication and come back again on Monday. So I will keep you posted on what they say. I looked at it today and the hematoma is still there - but it looks like the infection is going away. I am just wearing a band aid now. Wish me luck!!

No comments: