Brad, Erin, Kenna & Ashlyn

Sunday, December 7, 2008

OuR cOoKiE pArTy!!

We had a cookie party and it was so much fun! I made 14 dozen sugar cookies and lots of different colored frosting from scratch. I allowed the girls to invite a few friends (8 kids - 10 total) and we had a blast decorating all the cookies. There were some pretty intresting results. At least they all had a blast with the frosting and all the other sprinkles, candy canes and candy. Each child got to go home with their plastic container full of cookies, their Santa cup for their hot chocolate and their apron. They are already talking about when we do it next year. I think I am going to need that long to recover! Happy Holidays





Ashlyn LOVED the sprinkles ...


Kenna took her time and went into great detail with all her cookies, and Ash just wanted to be done as soon as possible so she could get on to the next one.



This is a sample of some of the cookies that went home. I believe these belong to the Ivanoff girls!










2 comments:

Christie said...

And from scratch, you don't mean using the Betty Crocker frosting. I remember asking you for the recipe, and you told me to go to Albertson's, walk down the baking aisle, and grab the vanilla frosting.

The girls are getting so big. I will have to come down and visit soon.

Unknown said...

You are such a fun mom to do that with your girls and for all their friends too!! I know it's a lot of work but so fun to see them enjoy it! I love your tree too...it looks huge! I agree that Christmas is more fun to experience thru your kids eyes...there is nothing like seeing their excitement for the holidays!